The White House
This interesting building was once a derelict ruin until it was acquired by the present owner who then spared no expense in transforming it into the wonderfully comfortable and very special holiday home that it is today.
This is a spectacular house of classic Greek Island architecture on two floors, furnished with a wonderful combination of Norwegian design flair and traditional Cretan ambiance.
The house is in a truly unique position and with its commanding view over the old harbour allows guests to enjoy watching the comings and goings of the local fishing boats from their own private terrace.
Carefully chosen antiques, oriental fabrics and tasteful objets d'art have also been thoughtfully placed to further emphasise the highly individual character of this unique property.
The White House accommodates up to 7 people and the cost includes all of the facilities listed below.
|June, July, August, September|
|Cost per week||€1890||$2189||£1661||17897 kr
|Cost per night*||€270||$313||£238||2557 kr
|Jan, Feb, March, April, May, Oct, Nov|
|Cost per week||€1540||$1784||£1354||14583 kr
|Cost per night*||€220||$255||£194||2084 kr
|*Minimum of two nights.
Please note that $ (US dollar), £ (GB pound) and kr (Norwegian krone) currency conversions are approximate and that we
bill in € (Euros) at the conversion rate current at the time of payment. From 1 January 2018 Makrigialos Touristiki AE is
required by Greek law to collect an accommodation tax of €0.50 (50 cents) for each day of your stay.
This tax will be added to your final invoice.
Please select your arrival date and the number of nights you would like to stay with us to
check the availability of The White House for your chosen dates.
You’ll find everything you need for your first day.
The White House includes ...
- 150 square metres of luxurious accommodation for one to seven guests.
- A stupendous view overlooking Makrigialos Bay and the distant Alona Mountains. The White House is right next to the old harbour in the ancient village of Makrigialos. Just take your chair outside to sit and watch the world go by.
- A unique atmosphere with our beautiful antiques and exquisite works of art. Wake up in the morning feeling you're really in Greece and not in some anonymous villa or apartment that could be anywhere on the planet.
- A lovely sandy beach that's only 20 metres away from your front door. Perfect and safe for all ages.
- On the first floor, two bedrooms with double beds, both overlooking the beach, and each with its own bathroom.
- A magnificent living room. This also includes three sofas that may be used as single beds, plus an adjoining bathroom.
- An enclosed terrace upstairs.
- A secluded sun deck on the roof.
- A fully equipped kitchen, complete with fridge-freezer, cooker, microwave cooker, dishwasher, kettle and coffee percolator.
- A well-stocked larder all ready for your arrival. This includes bread, butter, cheese, milk, yoghurt, jam, biscuits, tea, coffee, sugar, fruit, soft drinks, a bottle of wine and matches.
- All bed linen, towels and soap, plus extra towels to take to the beach.
- Separate utility room with washing/drying machine and iron.
- Air conditioning (also provides heating in the cooler months).
- Free WiFi Internet access, satellite colour television, DVD, portable radio and a cassette/CD player.
- Maid service three times per week.
- Burglar alarm.
- Cots, children's beds and highchairs are available if required.
- Parking only 30 metres away.
- The services of Nikos Tsikalakis, our friendly Greek and English speaking manager. He'll be here to welcome you when you first arrive and help you settle in. He's then usually available most days during office hours for any other help you may need.
- Everything's here waiting for you – just bring your camera, iPod, Kindle and clothes!