The Double House
This property was once three small, derelict, cottages until they were acquired by the present owner who then spared no expense in transforming them into just one wonderfully comfortable, spacious and very special holiday home.
This really is a most spectacular house with a splendid harbourside location and a whole host of unusual and interesting features.
In common with all of our properties you will find that this house skilfully combines a traditional Greek ambience with modern luxuries such as marble shower rooms, a sensational open plan kitchen and, of course, air conditioning throughout.
The Double House accommodates up to 8 people and the cost includes all of the facilities listed below.
|June, July, August, September|
|Cost per week||€2170||$2441||£1876||20799 kr
|Cost per night*||€310||$349||£268||2972 kr
|Jan, Feb, March, April, May, Oct, Nov|
|Cost per week||€1785||$2008||£1544||17109 kr
|Cost per night*||€255||$287||£221||2445 kr
|*Minimum of two nights.
Please note that $ (US dollar), £ (GB pound) and kr (Norwegian krone) currency conversions are approximate and that we
bill in € (Euros) at the conversion rate current at the time of payment. From 1 January 2018 Makrigialos Touristiki AE is
required by Greek law to collect an accommodation tax of €0.50 (50 cents) for each day of your stay.
This tax will be added to your final invoice.
Please select your arrival date and the number of nights you would like to stay with us to
check the availability of The Double House for your chosen dates.
You’ll find everything you need for your first day.
The Double House includes…
- 210 square metres of luxurious accommodation for one to eight guests.
- A stupendous view overlooking Makrigialos Bay and the distant Alona Mountains. The Double House is right next to the old harbour in the ancient village of Makrigialos. Just take your chair outside to sit and watch the world go by.
- A unique atmosphere with our beautiful antiques and exquisite works of art. Wake up in the morning feeling you're really in Greece and not some anonymous villa or apartment that could be anywhere on the planet.
- A lovely sandy beach that's only 20 metres away from your front door. Perfect and safe for all ages.
- On the first floor, two double bedrooms sharing the same bathroom, plus one double bedroom (with two twin beds) and en-suite bathroom.
- Also on the first floor, a beautifully furnished large sitting room.
- On the ground floor, one double bedroom with a bathroom.
- An unusual small private chapel or relaxation area.
- Roof terrace with views over the harbour.
- Magnificent and fully equipped large open plan kitchen, complete with large fridge-freezer, cooker, microwave cooker, dishwasher, kettle and coffee percolator.
- Washing/drying machine and iron.
- A well-stocked larder all ready for your arrival. This includes bread, butter, cheese, milk, yoghurt, jam, biscuits, tea, coffee, sugar, fruit, soft drinks, a bottle of wine and matches.
- All bed linen, towels and soap, plus extra towels to take to the beach.
- Air conditioning (also provides heating in the cooler months).
- Free WiFi Internet access, satellite colour television, DVD, portable radio and a cassette/CD player.
- Maid service three times per week.
- Burglar alarm.
- Cots, children's beds and highchairs are available if required.
- Parking only 30 metres away.
- The services of Nikos Tsikalakis, our friendly Greek and English speaking manager. He'll be here to welcome you when you first arrive and help you settle in. He's then usually available most days during office hours for any other help you may need.
- Everything's here waiting for you – just bring your camera, iPod, Kindle and clothes!